“Terminal 1” Acquired
Port accepts ownership of municipal dock
On April 25, 1925, port commissioners unanimously accepted ownership of the City of Vancouver’s municipal dock, located at what is today Terminal 1 (and the home of port tenant Red Lion Inn at the Quay). The commission also authorized expansion of the municipal dock that had been constructed and equipped by the city in 1918. The port officially took control and began operation of the dock on December 1, 1926.