Know Your Port
Tours of the Port of Vancouver USA are provided to the public throughout the year and include a brief overview of the port and a tour of the maritime facilities. To make your reservation, contact the port at 360-693-3611 or email the port at email@example.com, to make a reservation.
Sign up here to be added to our email notification list for upcoming tours.
What you need to know before taking a port tour:
- Reservations are required.
- Official photo identification is required from all participants age 18 and over. A few examples include: driver’s license, passport, or state-issued identification card.
- Please, as outlined in the port’s Photo Policy, no cameras are allowed on marine terminals.
- As a reminder, port security protocol dictates that no firearms be brought onto port facilities.
- Port tours last approximately two hours.
- Due to the popularity of our tours, individuals are limited to two tours a year.
- We ask that regular tour guests be six years of age or older. We offer special family tours for all ages in the summer.
- Please contact us in advance if you have any special needs related to one of our public tours or meetings. Alternative language formats, ADA accessible transportation and sign-language interpretation are available upon request.
Group tours are another way for the public to get a look at port facilities. We often have school groups or local clubs that want to take a tour of the port. To keep these interests from conflicting with public tours, the port works with groups to set up individual tours on a more flexible schedule. Rules for group tours include:
- Group tours are geared for 20 or more people. If your group has less than 20 participants, we would encourage you to sign up for a public tour.
- Groups must provide their own transportation for these tours. This typically involves a bus rental.
- Individual groups are limited to one tour per year.
- Identification requirements and the port’s Photo Policy apply to group tours as well. Please remember to bring photo identification, and please leave cameras at home.
- Washington state law prohibits the Port of Vancouver from conducting tours for private benefit or profit.
2013 Public Tours
To make a reservation or for more information call 360-693-3611.
- February 21, 12-2 p.m.
- March 14, 12-2 p.m.
- April 18, 12-2 p.m.
- May 16, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- June 15, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. (family tour)
- July 20, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. (family tour)
- September 12, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- October 24, 12-2 p.m.