|Alert||HOLIDAY CLOSURE – PRESIDENTS DAY – Feb. 15 – The Port of Vancouver USA, will be closed for receipt and delivery of cargo on Monday, February 15, 2016, in observance of Presidents Day. Vessel activity will not be interrupted. If you have any further questions, please call (360) 693-3611|
Know Your Port
Tours of the Port of Vancouver USA are provided to the public throughout the year and include a brief overview of the port and a tour of the maritime facilities. To make your reservation, call 360-693-3611 or email your name, phone number, tour date and number of guests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“A big thank you for the recent tour. Our residents are still talking about it. I’ve taken them on the tour for eight years – and every year it gets better. It is always new and different. I’m proud to live here and support you with my taxes!” – Touchmark Seniors
What you need to know before taking a port tour:
- Reservations are required.
- Official photo identification is required from all participants age 18 and over. A few examples include: driver’s license, passport, or state-issued identification card.
- Please, as outlined in the port’s Photo Policy, no cameras are allowed on marine terminals.
- As a reminder, port security protocol dictates that no firearms be brought onto port facilities.
- Port tours last approximately two hours.
- Due to the popularity of our tours, individuals are limited to two tours a year; and no more than six to a group.
- We ask that regular tour guests be six years of age or older.
- Please contact us in advance if you have any special needs related to one of our public tours or meetings. Alternative language formats, ADA accessible transportation and sign-language interpretation are available upon request.
Group tours are another way for the public to get a look at port facilities. We often have school groups or local clubs that want to take a tour of the port. To keep these interests from conflicting with public tours, the port works with groups to set up individual tours on a more flexible schedule. Rules for group tours include:
- Group tours are geared to 20 or more people.
- Groups must provide their own transportation for these tours. This typically involves a bus rental.
- Individual groups are limited to one tour per year.
- Identification requirements and the port’s Photo Policy apply to group tours as well. Please remember to bring photo identification, and please leave cameras at home.
- Washington state law prohibits the Port of Vancouver from conducting tours for private benefit or profit.
Port Point of View
2016 Public Tours
The port offers eight public tours in 2016. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 360-693-3611 or by emailing email@example.com.
- March 5, 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- April 19, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- May 4, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- May 21, 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- June 7, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- July 2, 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- July 19, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Aug. 18, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
Click here to read the spring 2015 edition of Community Report.